Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hello new blog

Starting a new blog is like opening a new (blank) book or facing an empty canvas; it is terrifying and exhilarating. What this blog will be(come) I do not know. For a long time I have wanted to establish a blog that reflects on the Johannesburg art scene. Not a Jozi-style "Art Heat"; I hope to offer visitors something more substantial than the content of Robert Sloon's blog. Under increasing pressure to censor my art reviews for a "broader" newspaper reading public, I also want to establish a platform where I can express myself without being subject to what is ultimately a form of self-censorship. So although I hope this blog will eventually enable me to interact with like minded folk, my intention is really create a space where I can think out loud. As with most writers I only interpret and comprehend through writing; it is only in the process of writing that I am able to access and order my thoughts.

No comments: